Job Title: Application Support Engineer
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Lombard, IL
Job Level: Experienced
Compensation: Salary, Benefits
Computhink thrives on creativity, innovation and thinking outside the box, and we encourage (and love) new ideas and diverse perspectives. Our culture is built on working as a team, learning from each of our individual strengths, and working together to deliver the best software ever (more on that later). We succeed by setting clear goals and maintaining open communication – and we don’t do closed doors.
Contentverse document and content management software helps companies worldwide become more organized and efficient. By doing this, we essentially free their employees of everyday hassles so they too, can have an environment where their team is happier, more productive, and has time left over to excel and make the most out of everyday life. That’s how we roll, and we love it.
To be more specific, Contentverse streamlines employees’ everyday business processes by seamlessly connecting them and making all essential resources available in one easy-to-use document management system. It eliminates the frustration of filing and finding paperwork – instead, it makes organizing, searching, and sharing information a breeze. An office equipped with Contentverse produces less paper documents which also has a positive impact on the environment, improves efficiency, and increases security.
What you’ll be doing
Provide internal support for company network as well as in-depth product support to clients by resolving incoming inquiries. You will work under general supervision to research, document, and resolve internal support cases as well as customer support cases. This will include diagnostics, troubleshooting, debugging of complex database, operating system, and hardware issues as it relates to applications used internally as well as Contentverse. You will be responsible for creation of knowledge base articles for internal and external use. You will also serve as a technical resource to various teams and departments for a variety of assignments, including product training.
Typically, you will…
- Support servers, desktop software and hardware, as well as the company network.
- Manage backups of company data (Veam), manage email accounts through Office 365, and support of phone systems.
- Manage company websites through FTP, SSH, and cloud hosting portals.
- Deploy virtual machines and servers though Windows Azure and AWS.
- Respond to customer product inquiries via telephone and email
- Be responsible for software implementation, training, and support
- Resolve any customer concerns raised during installation, operation, maintenance, product application, or compatibility matters
- Troubleshoot problems with software applications and recommend corrective action
- Respond to daily client-centric activities with exceptional technical product knowledge
- Document customer information and recurring technical issues to support product quality programs and product development
- Be able to travel at least 10% of the time
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What you need to be successful
- 3+ years’ experience of Technical Support
- Experience with Windows Server 2008, 2012, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10
- Experience with Veam backup solution.
- Knowledge of database engines: MS SQL 2008, 2012, and 2014; Oracle 11 G
- Familiarity with IIS and Apache web servers
- Familiarity with managing servers on Windows Azure and AWS
- Understanding of storage technologies such as RAID and SAN
- Experience with virtualization products such as VMWARE ESXi and MS Hypervisor
- Experience with Thin Client products such as Citrix and Windows Terminal Server.
- General understanding of WordPress backend, PHP, and MySQL helpful.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills combined with the ability to interact confidently with end-users to identify the problem and reach resolution
- Solid problem solving and logical analytical capabilities
- Effective written and verbal communication along with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to work independently within established policies and guidelines as well as the ability to work well within a team oriented environment
- MCSA, CDIA, or other Certifications a major plus
If you’re looking for a challenging position with a company that’s on the cutting edge of technology, then email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Computhink is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse work environment. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, or age.